Just this morning I was appreciating this perfect summer day in Maine—low humidity, plentiful sunshine and birds singing. Listening to the birds sing either lying in bed or sitting on the porch makes me happy.
It about kills me to *not* finish a book! I’m a voracious reader and think I carefully choose my books, so to not finish something is almost painful. The most recent book I gave up on is called The Children’s Book by AS Byatt. It was the wrong time for me, I think.
Sometimes I can kind of tune the music out to focus on what needs to be done, but then I wonder what’s the point of playing music if I’m just going to tune it out. So, I often don’t work with music in the background.
I’m being affected by gas prices. It’s not coming down. Granted, it hasn’t gone up in a month or so, but it’s not coming down. Food prices, meh, I don’t really notice since I just shop for myself. But the daily commute is adding up. And I know I should car pool with my colleagues, I just can’t seem to stomach the idea of losing my independence.
10) finish the school year to have a relaxing and fun summer.
9) get this internet situation fixed!
8) have a safe road trip to Virginia and Pennsylvania
7) start the school year off right—establishing procedures with the freshmen
6) laugh with my bestie about nothing
5) enjoy leisurely drives with no particular place to go
4) pay off my credit card
3) save some money
2) conquer the clutter in my living room
1) have a theme party